Unless otherwise stated, all resources in these pages are copyright The University of Sydney. They are offered here to support learning and teaching in botany NOT for commercial use.
STUDENTS IN BIOL2030/2930 AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY: PLEASE READ THE UNIVERSITY’S PRIVACY ASSESSMENT STATEMENT FOR AIFORIA VIRTUAL MICROSCOPY SLIDEBOX BEFORE ACCESSING THE SLIDEBOX.
Botany Virtual Microscopy SlideBox
Algae: evolution and diversity
Polypodiopsida (monilophytes) & Gymnosperms
Plant Identification > rainforest plants
The online resources for each anatomy module include:
- audio guides for each anatomy session to assist you with interpreting what you are seeing down the microscope and to develop your understanding of plant anatomy. Audio guide sounds files are accessed through LMS (enrolled Botany students only).
- a series of high-resolution diagrams and micrographs
- a virtual slide box (in Aiforia system)
Please note that best learning resources are freshly prepared slides made with the fresh material provided and examined using a microscope.
- eFlora: online dichotomous key to all species of vascular plants in the Sydney Region
- eBot Plant Sciences Image Collection
- Plant Anatomy Revision Modules (under development)
- CampusFlora suite of Apps (under re-development):